A very pleased David Beckham has dedicated his record breaking 109th cap to his loving famiy: "I am very proud. When you grow up, you dream about playing for your country and at Wembley. To play 109 times for England is obviously very special for me and for my family. I dedicate it to my family, because they are the ones who have been through the ups and downs of my career and been there for the good times and also the bad times. It has been a roller coaster, but it has been a special night tonight. All my family were here, so it meant a lot.''He also mentioned that he was pleased to play, even if it meant as a substitute: "'When you are on the bench you hope to come on and either secure the game or make a difference and produce an 'assist'. I was lucky enough tonight to get in positions where I put a couple of good balls in.''
David also mentioned that he hopes to continue to be involved with the national team and play in the next world cup in South Africa: "The target is just to play, be involved in every game possible.' I have already said I'd love to play in another World Cup - or two - but we will have to wait and see. That is a long way away at the moment.''
He also spoke briefly of the game itself: "We started off well, and set the tone for the game. It was a good performance tonight, but now our minds are on Wednesday against Ukraine."
