I knew that today there would be much more details disclosed about the England vs Spain friendly yesterday and sure enough, it's all over the web - especially the UK's DailyMail. As you all know by now, England lost last night and David recieved a yellow card and was foolishly booked for dissent after he was cautioned for a flamboyant gesture at French referee Stephane Lannoy in the 89th minute.On behalf of his 108th cap wearing the England shirt and equaling Roger Moore, David had this to say: "He’s a player I will always look up to as our World Cup winner, our World Cup winning captain. It was a dream as a kid. Moore won a World Cup and is an icon. He is a World Cup-winning captain and no England player can match that. At one time I didn’t think I was going to make it to 95 or 96 caps, to be honest. I missed 11 games in that period and it was disappointing, but I’m glad to be back now and I’m enjoying it. After the last World Cup I really didn't expect to be in this position. I have always said I would be honoured to be up there with the likes of Sir Bobby Charlton and Bobby Moore, but more important than that was the game and we lost that. It's disappointing."
On his yellow card: "Why would anyone want to focus on a booking when I have just equalled the record of 108 caps? If you watched the game you would know why I got booked."
He also spoke again on his ongoing saga with the Galaxy & Milan (which is scheduled to be finalized tomorrow): "I’ve nothing against Galaxy, I’ve had two great years there and there are some great players and great people there. Do I have to stay at Milan to be in the England squad? Who knows? I’ve been in the majority of squads while I’ve been with the Galaxy. But if I want to carry on playing at this level, which I do, I want to stay in Milan. It depends now on negotiations between Galaxy and Milan."
source: DailyMail
