"This is great for us and a real positive for the Galaxy," said Bruce Arena. "He is happy he is coming back. He wants to take on this challenge. If he wasn't interested in being here, he wouldn't have done this."
"This certainly sets the stage for a great season for our fans and we truly appreciate their patience as we have worked through all of our issues," said Tim Leiweke, president and CEO of AEG, of the Galaxy. "Much has been written and said, but all along it has been our intention to keep David Beckham as a member of the Los Angeles Galaxy. We are pleased he is returning and at the same time, we feel it is important to allow him to finish his run in Milan, as it has been a remarkable run."
David has also made a few statements recently about returing to LA. "I think soccer in America can one day become very important, and one day, when I retire, I would like to buy a team in Major League Soccer. I want to contribute to the development of soccer in the US, it is one thing that really excites me and besides that, my family is happy in Los Angeles."
source: http://www.lagalaxy.com/
